Dr. Arjun Agarwal
(M.Ch Surgical Oncology)
Dr. Arjun Agarwal
(M.Ch Surgical Oncology)
Head of Surgical Oncology department of Rohilkhand Cancer Institute.
10 Years Experience Overall
Highly skilled and compassionate cancer surgeon with [number] years of experience in providing exceptional surgical care to patients diagnosed with various forms of cancer. Dedicated to delivering the highest standard of treatment, utilising advanced surgical techniques, and staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field.
• Started 200 beds at Rohilkhand Cancer Institute in Bareilly, UP with a Radiotherapy unit
( Varian True Beam STX, Cobalt Brachytherapy) , PET CT, CT Simulator, and Modular Cancer OTs.
● Operated more than 1000 major oncology cases in the last 8 years
● Only surgeon to have an ICG FLUORESCENCE system for SENTINAL node mapping in the region.
● Working as an Associate Professor in Surgical Oncology at Rohilkhand medical college and Hospital a Bareilly
M.Ch (Surgical Oncology)
Vydehi Insititute of Oncology,
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,
MS (General Surgery)
Aligarh Muslim University(AMU)
MBBS (and one year complete rotatory internship)
Aligarh Muslim University(AMU)
2005-2010 (65.55%-University topper in Anatomy)
AMU Board Class XII
Senior Secondary School,
Aligarh Muslim University(AMU)
CBSE Class X
Army School, Bareilly, U.P.
2002 (88.4% – Ranked 1st in school)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE
Life member- IASO Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (A0069)
Life member- ASI- Association of Surgeons of India
Life member- ISPSM Indian Society of Peritoneal Surface Malignancies
Medical Council of India Registration number – MCI/11- 39061
UP registration number- 11307 MS Surgery, 82068 MBBS
Vydehi Institute of Oncology, Bangalore – 2015-2018
Kidwai Institute of Oncology
Rohilkhand Cancer Institute- 2018 to present
Conduct thorough patient consultations, perform physical examinations, and order appropriate diagnostic tests to formulate accurate cancer diagnoses.
Develop individualised treatment plans in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other specialists.
Perform various cancer surgeries, including minimally invasive procedures, tumor resections, lymph node dissections, reconstructive surgeries, and palliative surgeries.
Utilise advanced surgical techniques, such as robotic surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and image-guided surgery, to enhance patient outcomes and minimise postoperative complications.
Provide preoperative and postoperative care, including monitoring patients’ progress, managing pain, and addressing complications.
Educate patients and their families about treatment options, potential risks, and expected outcomes, ensuring they are well informed and involved in the decision-making process.
Participate in clinical research studies and stay updated with emerging trends and advancements in surgical oncology.
Collaborate with support staff and colleagues to ensure a safe and efficient surgical environment, adhering to hospital policies and best practices.
Successfully performed more than 1,000 cancer surgeries with excellent outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Published more than 50 research articles in reputable medical journals, contributing to the field of surgical oncology.
PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH
Chaurasia JK, Garg C, Agarwal A, Naim M.Tubercular thyroiditis with multi-nodular goitre with adenomatous hyperplasia: a rare coexistence. BMJ Case Rep 2013. Published online: doi:10.1136/ bar-2013-200861
▪ Agarwal A, Garg C, Agarwal M. Pleomorphic Undifferentiated Sarcoma Of The Mesentery Presenting As Intestinal Obstruction: A Case Report. Int J Cont Med Res.2014; 1(2):79-82.
▪ Agarwal A, Garg C, Agarwal M. A rare coexistence of primary and secondary vesical calculus in a case of benign prostatic hyperplasia with suprapubic cystostomy. Int J Cont Med Res. 2014; 1(2):91-95.
▪ Agarwal A, Agarwal K, Garg Ch, Gupta S. Rupture of Gravid Bicornuate Uterus as a Rare Cause of Acute Abdomen: A Case Report. Natl J Integr Res Med 2015; 6 (1): 114-115
▪ Garg C, Agarwal A, Siddiqui B, Faridi S. Clear cell basal cell carcinoma- an unusual entity in an Indian male. Ind J of Med Case Rep; 2015: 4 (1): 66-70.
▪ Agarwal A, Ranjan A, Kumar A, Garg C. Reduction en masse in a direct hernia presenting as intestinal obstruction: a case report with literature review. Int J of Curr Rsrch.2015;7 (3):13937-40.
▪ Garg C, Agarwal A, Agrawal R, Kumar P. Neurofibroma at unusual locations: Report of two cases in teenage girls. JCDR. 2015; 9(4): ED03-ED04.
▪ Agarwal A, Garg C, Khan S, Khan MA, Islam N. Prognostic indicators in acute pancreatitis: Comparison of interleukin 6 and some selected severity scoring systems in acute pancreatitis. Arch Int Surg. 2015; 5(3).
▪ Agarwal A, Ranjan A, Garg C, Agarwal M. Inadequate Nasogastric Drainage in Acute Intestinal Obstruction: A Rare Cause with Literature Review. Natl J Integr Res Med 2015; 6(4):105-06.
▪ Agarwal A, GargC. A role of Oral care interventions in determining outcome in surgical ICU patients. J of Dent Sci and Orl Rehab, 2015; 6(1): 00.
▪ Agarwal A, Garg C, Khan S. Clinicopathological profile of breast cancer in North India: A study from a tertiary hospital with the review of the literature. IJSAR 2015; 2(5): 53-57.
▪ Agarwal A, Haseen A, Garg C. Successful revascularisation with balloon catheterization of a 6-month-old thrombus: a case report. Int J of Curr Rsrch 2015; 7(5): 15838-40.
▪ Agarwal A, Garg C, Agarwal M. Myocysticercosis as a rare cause of hand swelling: a case report with review of the literature. IJARS 2015;4(3): 30-32.
▪ Garg C, Agarwal A, Chaudhry D. PROFILE OF PATIENTS OF VENOUS THROMBOSIS IN MEDICAL WARDSAN OBSERVATIONAL STUDY. IJCRR. 2015; 7(15): 68-73.
▪ Agarwal A, Mukherjee S, Garg C. Clinicoradiological Images of a Rare Type of Lumbar Hernia. Images In Surgery, Indian Journal of Surgery (Springer publication), pp 1-2. First online: 04 September 2015.DOI: 10.1007/s12262-015-1335-3.
▪ Singh A, Devendra J, Garg C, Dokania A. Subconjunctival Cysticercosis: A Case Report. IJSS Case Reports & Reviews 2015;2(4):11-14.
▪ Agrawal R, Garg C, Agarwal A, Kumar P. Axillary apocrine adenocarcinoma in a young male suspected initially on fine-needle aspiration cytology. J Cytol 2015;32:194-6.
▪ Agrawal A, Garg C, Mukherjee S, Mukherjee S, Kakkar KP. Giant acrochordon of the vulva: a rare occurrence. NJDVL 2016; 13 (1):70-72.
▪ Agrawal R, Garg C, Agarwal A, Kumar P. Lipofibromatous hamartoma of the digital branches of the median nerve presenting as carpal tunnel syndrome: A rare case report with review of the literature. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2016;59:96-8.
Arjun Agarwal, Sri Phani, Ganesh MS, Keerthi B R. Pilomatrix carcinoma, a rare
recurrent skin tumor, International Journal of Current Research, June 2016, Volume 8, Issue 6, Page: 32836-32 837
Arjun Agarwal, Abhinay Reddy, M S Ganesh. Scalp lesion presenting as metastasis
of unknown primary. June 2016. International Journal of Current Research, Volume
Vats, GaneshMS, Agarwala.Human epidermal growth factor receptor2neuexpressionin head and neck squamous cell cancer and its clinicopathological correlation: Results from an Indian cancer centre. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2018;61:313-8.
Arjun Agarwal,Roja Ramani,SathyanarayanaS,GaneshMS.Acaseofcysticdegenerationofovarian fibrosarcoma. June 2016.InternationalJournalofCurrentResearch,Volume8,Issue6
Agarwal, A., Reddy, S., Keerthi, B., Ganesh, M., & Shivkumaran, S. (2017). Marjolin’s Ulcer: a form of chronic non-healing ulcer. Indian Journal of Case Reports, 2(3), 85-86.
Diwakar JK, Agrawal A, Garg C, Giri KY, Dandriyal R, Kumar G. A rare case of mucoepidermoid carcinoma of
parotid with mandibular metastasis: A case report with literature review. Ann
Maxillofac Surg 2019;
Dr. Jitendra Kumar Diwakar, Dr. Arjun Agarwal. M., Dr. Cheena Garg, Dr. Kolli Yada Giri and Dr. Geetika Kumar cancerization of oral squamous cell cancer along with brain metastasis: A case report with review of the literature”, International Journal of Current Rese (10), 74177-74179.
Diwakar JK, Agarwal A, Garg C, Giri KY, Dandriyal R, Kumar G. A rare case of mucoepidermoid carcinoma of parotid with mandibular metastasis. Ann Maxillofac Surg 2019;9:205-7.
Gupta S, Agarwal A, Garg C, Giri K Y, Chaurasia A. Oral squamous cell carcinoma with myiasis. Int J Head Neck Pathol [serial online] 2018 [cited 2020 Sep 18];1:52-4
Vats S, Ganesh MS, Agarwal A. Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 neu expression in head and neck squamous cell cancers and its clinicopathological correlation: Results from an Indian cancer centre. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2018
Agarwal A, Garg C, Ganesh MS, Reddy S. Molecular mechanisms of tobacco-induced oral and oropharyngeal cancer: Results of a tissue microarray and immunohistochemistry-based study from a tertiary cancer center in India. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2020;63:7-12.
Agarwal, A., Hemanth, G.N., Garg, C. et al. Is Routine Nodal Dissection in Early Epithelial Ovarian Cancers Required? Indian J Gynecol Oncology 18, 102 (2020).
Prakhar Katta, Arjun Agarwal, Aamir Mallick Saifi, Anurag Yadav, Analysis of postoperative complications of oral cavity cancer: A cohort study, Oral Oncology Reports, Volume 6,2023,100038, ISSN 2772-9060, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oor.2023.100038
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
▪ Workshop on ‘Emerging Trends in the Management of Trauma’, J.N.M.C.H., Aligarh (Mar ‘12)
▪ ‘LAPCON 2013’ at Agra (Mar ’13)
▪ Workshop on ‘How to write and publish a case report’, in collaboration with BMJ Case Reports (Aug ’13)
▪ National Level CME ’Trauma Update’ JNMCH, AMU (Awarded 4 CME points – Oct ’13)
▪ International CT-CME Thoracic Surgery 2013, JNMCH, AMU. (Awarded 8 CME points – Dec ‘13)
▪ ‘SGPGI Breast Course and ABSI Skills Course ‘ Lucknow (Feb ’14)
● AGOI national conference, Tata Memorial Hospital, 2019
● IASO National Conference, Trivandrum, 2018
● Indian Cancer Congress, Bangalore. -Nov 2017.
● IHPBA International conference -Bangalore,2016
● Head and Neck Cancer Symposium, Cytecare Hospital, Bangalore-2017.
● National conference of Colorectal Surgeons of India- Coiambatore-2017.
● National Conference of Esophageal and Gastric Surgeons, Coimbatore-2017
● Laparoscopic Animal Training by Ethicon Endosurgicals, Chennai-2017.
● Laparoscopic Stapler application training workshop conducted by Gem Hospital-2107.
● NATCON for the last 4 years
● SURGICON in Tata Memorial Hospital for the last 2 years
Dr. Arjun Agarwal getting an award for exceptional services in oncology in the Bareilly region.