DEPARTMENT OF RADIATION ONCOLOGY
Head of Department:
Dr. Laxman Pandey MBBS, MD (Radiotherapy)
Dr. Laxman Pandey
(MBBS, MD (Radiotherapy) )
Rohilkhand Cancer Institute is one of the Premiere centres of radiation oncology established in the city of Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India. The institute was started with the intention of providing patients with State-of-the-art radiotherapy facilities of international standards with comprehensive cancer care at affordable, nominal charges. Radiotherapy is a highly effective form of cancer treatment with a wide range of uses and applications. Radiation therapy helps to completely cure cancer either as a single modality or along with other treatments for relieving symptoms or extending the overall survival in patients with highly advanced or metastatic cancers. Radiation therapy targets the affected area with high-energy beams, often to the location of the tumour or the area where a tumour was removed after surgery to destroy any remaining microscopic cancer cells. Radiotherapy contributes to cancer cures worldwide as well as improving the quality of life for many others.
Dr. Laxman Pandey
MBBS, MD (Radiotherapy)
Dr. Laxman Pandey is a Consultant Radiation Oncologist and completed his MD Radiotherapy from Sarojini Naidu Medical College Agra in 2017. He has five years of experience and counting in radiotherapy in various institutes including the MMIMSR Ambala, AIIMS -Rishikesh, and SRMS Bareilly. His clinical expertise is Conformal radiation therapy (SRT/SBRT/IGRT/IMRT/VMAT), Brachytherapy, Chemotherapy for solid tumours and Palliative care. Currently, he is associated with Rohilkhand Cancer Institute Bareilly as Assistant Professor and Head- Department of Radiation Oncology. He is also an active member of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), and the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and had valuable publications in both national and international journals.
Dr. Laxman Pandey – Research And Publication
1: Joseph D, Pandey L, Pasricha R, Raut S, Yanpothung Y, Ibrahim A, et al. Stage migration in head and neck cancers due to extranodal extension: Clinical experience from a tertiary care centre. J Med Evid 2021. More.
2: Pandey, R. Pasricha, D. Joseph et al., Use of complementary and alternative medicine among patients with cancer in a sub-Himalayan state in India: An exploratory study. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine 12 (2021) 126-130. More.
3: Inampudi P, Seam RK, Pandey L, Malik D, Pandey A, Anjali A, et al. 84P Prospective comparative study of dosimetric parameters and acute radiation toxicity of 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3DCRT) and volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) in post-mastectomy carcinoma breast patients. Ann Oncol. 2021;32: S57 More.
4: A. Pandey, R.K. Seam, L. Pandey, D. Malik, R. Mahajan, et al. Adaptive radiotherapy in head and neck cancer: A prospective dosimetric and volumetric study. Ann Oncol. 202;32: S794 More.
Dr. Vishwadeep Mishra
- MBBS, MD (Radiation Oncology)
- Ex Academic Senior Resident, SRMS IMS Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Ex Academic Senior Resident, SGPGI, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Ex Academic Senior Resident, Tata Memorial Center (MPMMCC & HBCH), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Assistant Professor (Dept. Of Radiation Oncology) at Rohilkhand Cancer Hospital, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- About 3 years of experience in the field of Radiation Oncology (Post MD) practising all Radiotherapy techniques like conventional, 3DCRT, IMRT and IGRT in almost all cancer sites
- Total 8 years of experience in the field of Oncology.
- As a Senior Resident, active participation in the teaching programme of junior residents.
- Seminar Presentations in Teaching Curriculum
Area of Interest:
- EBRT Planning: In various sites like Head & Neck, Breast, Gynaecological Malignancies, Urinary Bladder, Prostate, Brain, Esophagus and Bone Tumors.
- Brachytherapy Planning: Experience in intracavitary radiotherapy, interstitial and intraluminal radiotherapy.
- Chemotherapy & Targeted Therapy Administration: For all solid tumours.
- Best Paper award in Senior Resident Category UPAROICON
- Second Prize in Onco Quiz in v ONCO update (#VIII- Multidisciplinary Approach)
- A Retrospective Analysis of Wilms Tumor Patients Treated with Multimodality Approach Treated in a Tertiary Care Center.
- A Retrospective Analysis of Ewings Sarcoma Patients Treated with Multimodality Approach Treated in a Tertiary Care Center.
- Service evaluation in GBM treated by surgery and chemoradiotherapy from 2013 to 2019.
- Retrospective analysis of patients of CA Anal canal treated by chemoradiation to evaluate outcomes.
Dr. Siddharth Arora
Dr. Siddharth Arora completed his bachelor’s from the prestigious Sri Devaraj urs Academy Kolar Karnataka. He went on to do a diplomate in the national board in radiation oncology from Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad. Following he completed his fellowship in Clinical Oncology from Tata medical centre Kolkata. Further at Tata Hospital Sangrur he continued as a senior resident. He has joined Rohilkhand medical college in the Department of radiation oncology.
Professional membership AROI
European counsel of medical oncology
Cleared ESMO examination
Special interests include head and neck cancers, oral cancers, brain tumours, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, bladder cancer, oesophagal cancer and pancreatic cancer.
Prioritizing delivery of cancer treatment during a COVID-19 lockdown- the experience of a clinical oncology service in India, JCO Global Oncology 2021
3 Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy (3DCRT)
Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy and Volumetric Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT & VMAT)
Stereotactic Radiosurgery & Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SRS & SBRT)
Image Guided Radiation Treatment (IGRT)
Total Skin Electron Radiation Therapy (TSET)
Deliver precise dosage quickly and give patients their time back—the True Beam® radiotherapy system is built with human needs in mind. Designed to treat cancer wherever it’s found in the body, it’s flexible enough to meet your clinical needs as well.
TrueBeam High-precision cancer treatment
User-centered design makes it easier to perform treatment—and let you focus more energy on your patients..
Facilitates innovation and collaboration that results in new treatment options for patients, new opportunities for clinics, and new advances in the fight against cancer.
User-centered design makes it easier to perform treatment—and let you focus more energy on your patients.